Monday, June 7, 2010

Quick Start

6/l7/10

I only have a few minutes before my next class starts, but I wanted to at least establish the fact that I am indeed safe, sound, and settled (sort of) into the 2010 Summer Performance Training Apprentice Program at the Berkshire Theatre Festival. It’s been a whirlwind so far (hence no blogging yet) but fear not, I will share more details soon. Just a few quick highlights: I’ve already lost, found, and dried out my cell phone which got rained on when I lost it out in the parking area. My roommate is great (praise God!), very easy going, and laid back. I did bring enough storage space and clothes (it’s cold here). The housing facilities are not ideal, but definitely liveable for three months. (Anna, you weren’t kidding when you said I’d be roughing it!) I’m the oldest one in the apprentice program (to my knowledge), and the only graduate student. I got cast in the summer musical Babes in Arms (hallelujah!) I love my classes so far, and can’t wait to dive in!

Speaking of which, I need to go stretch for Suzuki. By the way, I’ve decided to keep a photo log of my feet for the first couple of weeks of Suzuki training. I’ve been warned that the bottoms of my feet will bruise at first, so I thought I’d do a little documentation of the process. (Hope you aren’t too grossed out by feet!)

Until next time….. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! How cool is it up there? We'll follow your feet.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SO HAPPY YOU GOT BABES IN ARMS!!!! How do you like your fellow apprentices??

    I am so excited for you! Tell Gray and Kate M and Allison I said hello!

    Have fun and dont stop STOMPING!!!
    anna

    ReplyDelete